Racial traits question

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Re: Racial traits question

Post by Interkarma » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:30 am

The breath code is below:

Code: Select all

--currentBreath;
if (Race == Races.Argonian && (UnityEngine.Random.Range(0, 2) == 1))
	++currentBreath;
What it's doing is deducting from remaining breath, then if character race is Argonian they have a 50% chance to regain that breath. Generally speaking, they'll get back half their breaths overall with some randomness involved.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:59 am

Thanks once more to IK for explaining the code! I may leave the UESP Argonian page alone for now, as I think the above racial formula for underwater breathing, and probably more so the racial formula for reduced fatigue loss while swimming, are more involved than the other seven races' special advantages. But this is good info to have here.

atzel

Post by atzel » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:05 pm

Is this implemented as standard in the basic unity build? Even when you're using a custom class? I've understood this has not been the case in the original DF. How about racial attribute bonuses?

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:21 pm

I'm not sure if this is your question, but when creating a custom class in both classic and DFU:

a) racial "special advantages" (Breton extra 30% magic resist, etc.) still apply, while
b) racial attribute bonuses (adjustments to Strength, etc.) are replaced by the player's manual attribute allocation.