Racial traits question

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
ACNAero

Re: Racial traits question

Post by ACNAero »

Ommamar wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:28 pm Huh I always figured it would be fire resistance for Dark elf.
That was a Morrowind change. This bonus damage and hit is the same thing they had in Arena.
mikeprichard wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:29 pm Thanks, ACNAero... so much missing/incorrect information on UESP. I give up. :lol:
If it cheers you up any... The UESP isn't as bad as the Borderlands wiki used to be. :lol: That thing had blatantly false info that took all of 2 seconds to look at the game to prove wrong (like saying the Jolly Roger was a Dahl shotgun even though Dahl don't make shotguns in BL2), and infamously one user saying that the "wiki isn't about factual information, it's about community." So yeah, the UESP hasn't reached that low. :lol:

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Mike, yes I think a Nord could become immune to frost that way. Also, any character you simply pick Immunity to Frost for will get it as well. Resistance/immunity options are there to be used as heavily or lightly as you like. I'm not sure what the fascination is from you with all this. :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:55 pm Mike, yes I think a Nord could become immune to frost that way. Also, any character you simply pick Immunity to Frost for will get it as well. Resistance/immunity options are there to be used as heavily or lightly as you like. I'm not sure what the fascination is from you with all this. :)
Maybe, just maybe, you've noticed a little OCD over here. But whenever I play an RPG, I always like to look under the hood at how the mechanics work, and DFU has now allowed us to do this in a way that wasn't possible before the reverse-engineering research you all did with classic's code.

In any case, sir, you are truly a gentleman and a scholar. Cheers!
ACNAero wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:30 pm If it cheers you up any... The UESP isn't as bad as the Borderlands wiki used to be. :lol: That thing had blatantly false info that took all of 2 seconds to look at the game to prove wrong (like saying the Jolly Roger was a Dahl shotgun even though Dahl don't make shotguns in BL2), and infamously one user saying that the "wiki isn't about factual information, it's about community." So yeah, the UESP hasn't reached that low. :lol:
Ha, wow! Funny stuff.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

ACNAero wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:19 pm Thanks Karma :D

Just for posterity and ease of reference, I'm gonna put what the racial bonuses are here.

Breton: +30% Magic Resistance
Dark Elf: Bonus Damage and Chance to Hit by (Level / 4)
High Elf: Paralysis Immunity
Nord: +30% Frost Resistance
Redguard: Bonus Damage and Chance to Hit by (Level / 3)
Wood Elf: Bonus Damage and Chance to Hit for Archery by (Level / 3)

Argonians and Khajiit I couldn't find the code for, but I'll trust IK's statements and assume the code might be elsewhere. Or maybe I just couldn't think of the right keywords to find it with ctrl+f.
While I was on a roll fixing UESP page data with the reverse-engineered data, I did the various Races pages after all based on the above. No reason for misinformation/incomplete information to remain on the wiki that the overwhelming majority of TES players tend to rely on for accurate facts.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Just for posterity and ease of reference, I'm gonna put what the racial bonuses are here.

Argonians and Khajiit I couldn't find the code for, but I'll trust IK's statements and assume the code might be elsewhere. Or maybe I just couldn't think of the right keywords to find it with ctrl+f.
Khajiit +30 to climbing

Just to put the info together, for posterity. And so I can reference this when I make a new guide.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Teralitha wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:21 am

Khajiit +30 to climbing

Just to put the info together, for posterity. And so I can reference this when I make a new guide.
And "Argonians get a reduction to fatigue while swimming, and can hold their breath longer (not quite full water breathing though)." But now I've fixed the UESP pages, all the info is now where it belongs, instead of buried in another forum topic here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Races

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

I do not see the new additional info on that page

EDIT: Now I see them.
Last edited by Teralitha on Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Teralitha wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:15 pm I do not see the new additional info on that page
CTRL-F "Special Advantage"

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

Found where the code for Argonian racial abilities is, but I can't easily read it and figure out it's exact values like the rest of the racial bonuses.

Also, Mike, I know you're gonna ask for it, so here :p
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... rEntity.cs

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Ha, I was - thanks. But although interpreting this code is the only way to confirm the formulas, I'm not qualified myself to do it - if one of the smart and patient coders around here could take a look, I'd be obliged.