I forgot how crazy this game can get

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ommamar

I forgot how crazy this game can get

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikeprichard

Re: I forgot how crazy this game can get

Post by mikeprichard »

Ommamar wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:30 am Unfortunately in the course of this I am affected by lycanthropy even though I cast cure disease right after an odd dream (a disease is cured message would be so nice here) actually casting it several times until I didn't get the spell failed message.
I know this has been brought up several times before, but I'm also still hoping for better UI feedback on poison/disease status (e.g. by - possibly optionally - recoloring the HUD health bar when poisoned and/or diseased; viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2296#p26886). Sorry for derailing the topic, but I hadda say it.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Ommamar wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:30 am So was just trying to help someone find someone that has to do with one of the branches of the main quest. In the course of asking around I am falsely accused of a theft, after some investigation I find proof of the culprit which takes me to a dank hole where I find the gem after much searching. Unfortunately in the course of this I am affected by lycanthropy even though I cast cure disease right after an odd dream (a disease is cured message would be so nice here) actually casting it several times until I didn't get the spell failed message. One curious thing the dream played 3 times, there was several were beasties so was I infected 3 times? I only cast until I didn't see the spell failed message so maybe I only cured the first infection.

The end result of all this is I have three things going: I have to find the guy who accused me who has disappeared from his inn, I have to decide what if anything to do about my disease and I just got the lead on who to talk to go find the missing person. All just form lets spend sometime away from doing mage guild quests.
DFU Alpha release introduced the following:

"Fix three-day lycanthropy disease not being curable by temples or Cure Disease spell"

Maybe your character got infected using DFU pre-alpha :?

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Ommamar wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:30 am So was just trying to help someone find someone that has to do with one of the branches of the main quest. In the course of asking around I am falsely accused of a theft, after some investigation I find proof of the culprit
What did you do btw? I had the exact same quest but I think it bugged out on me. The innkeeper accused me then a message popped up saying he had snuck out then a knight spawned trying to kill me but I ran away outside then returned back inside the inn and the knight de-spawned. I couldn't figure out how to proceed with the quest since NPCs told me the questgiver was still inside the inn (even though he wasn't). Ended up reloading.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

D