Character creation skills tooltips?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
ruthan

Character creation skills tooltips?

Post by ruthan »

Its possible to add moveover tooltips to skills and other traits, or other more info about it? From name only im not sometimes sure, what something means, i dunno if such text or in manual it would be nice just add them to character creation as tooltips.
Its also possible that i only dont know specific way how to show some trait info and dont really remember is something like that was or wasnt in original game.
Last edited by ruthan on Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It still need a bit qualityOfLife not yet done mods,more 3D models props(in HandmadeMod), 3D enemies not colliding with walls + some alternative Hexen 2 like hack&slash dance mod and it would be a dream. I played Ultima0+, but i know what i want :D

mikeprichard

Re: Character creation skills tooltips?

Post by mikeprichard »

This has been requested fairly often before... would love to see this as well!

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

I agree with this feature. Unless you refer to the Daggerfall manual or to the UESP wiki, it can be difficult to know what each skill does exactly and, most importantly, what are the stats governing those skills.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Well the issue with both those sources is after research done by the developers during the building of DFU it has become clear that there is a lot of false and contradictory information around how Daggerfall worked. I know mikeprichard is putting a lot of effort into the UESP so it will get better and there is a thread for a DFU wiki which will be helpful.

I like both ideas of information boxes that give the high points and in game books that explain things further.