Fighting underwater

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ommamar

Fighting underwater

Post by Ommamar »

I just got done with a play session where one of the dungeons had a ton of under water area, in fact the were boar I was sent to kill was down under the water to. I think he might of gotten knocked down there though as there was a bunch of platforms and it sounded like he was fighting something on one of them. I ended up fighting 4 skeletons, 2 slaughter fish,a zombie, and the were boar. I found that I kept floating up when using water breathing/water walking while attacking so then I would have to swim down as I was to far up to hit anything. So what is your strategy when fighting under water? Usually it is not much of a problem but there is a few dungeons where there is probably a third of the dungeon underwater.

Firebrand

Re: Fighting underwater

Post by Firebrand »

I made a custom spell with both Water Walking and Water Breathing. It's so cheap and make fighting underwater very easy. Then I swim down to the bottom using page down, where is almost like fighting on land :lol:

If I want to move more easily in three dimension, I'll cast also Levitation: this way I can move up and down without page up and page down :)

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

I make that spell too but never used levitate as part of it might help with the up and down movement but I'm sure it costs a lot more. On that build I think levitate alone costs 42 magic. I like being down on the bottom too almost with the camera at a crouch level. This is the first time I had to fight more then one or two things under water seemed like it really effected my ability to get the position I like to be.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Spell costs reduce over time by improving the corresponding magic school skills. So, the more you use a spell, the less it will cost :)

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Firebrand wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:41 am Spell costs reduce over time by improving the corresponding magic school skills. So, the more you use a spell, the less it will cost :)
That is true but still a struggle at lower levels to make good use of your magic, other then the water breathing/water walking spell I don't double up on my spells until the build is much further along.