Daggerfall Unity Wiki

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Jeoshua

Re: Daggerfall Unity Wiki

Post by Jeoshua »

Instead of listing mods you could just link here to the forums and to the Nexus. That would bias toward development and popularity.

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:40 am I'm considering erasing the "Mods Listing" page from the wiki. Nexusmods fills the role well enough, and having an incomplete listing seems too selective, as in biased for some mods and against others. I'll give time for feedback before I make that decision.
Also agree. We can do it like Jeoshua proposed in adding in the overview page a link to the Nexus and the Forum page. So instead of "Popular Mods" (which is quite subjective) maybe "Mod list (Nexus) [-> Link Nexus) / (Forum) [-> Link Forum]". I would not do it as an extra page as now, just the direct links.
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thanks for the feedback, I made the change. Now we can set the Popular Mods page for deletion. I don't know how to do that, so any directions regarding that are welcome.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I guess you figured out how to delete the "Popular Mods" page, since I don't see it anymore and a direct link to it is now broken - all looks good!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No, it's still there for me :(

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Weird - the link to that page is no longer on the main DFU page, but now I can link to the page itself. I suggest you start a "discussion" in the page asking for a site moderator to delete it altogether.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:40 am I'm considering erasing the "Mods Listing" page from the wiki. Nexusmods fills the role well enough, and having an incomplete listing seems too selective, as in biased for some mods and against others. I'll give time for feedback before I make that decision.
The only reason I quit working on my comprehensive mod listing is because the wiki exists. I feel there really needs to be one at the top of the mods forum.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

I just posted a draft of a new "Beginner's" page for the DFU Wiki in the Non-Obivious things in DFU (beginner's guide) thread (page 2). Those interested are asked to comment in that thread for now.