Daggerfall Mechanics thread: Volunteers welcome

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Mechanics thread: Volunteers welcome

Post by Interkarma » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:11 pm

ifkopifko wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:22 pm
Firstly, I am very excited to see your progress. :-) (With this I mean all the contributors/developers.)

About the “Water Breathing 50”, I do not see what you mean, the match seems perfect to me in the excel file.
Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback. After starting classic Daggerfall again this morning to re-check with my Mister50 character (50 in all spell skills), classic is now producing Water Breathing results matching the spreadsheet. Earlier the values were very different for Water Breathing in classic.

This is the second time this has happened. The first time, I just assumed I had made a mistake. I triple-checked everything this time and classic was definitely outputting different values for the same character with the same skills on the same effect at the spellmaker. :?

I think I might be falling afoul of is an unusual bug in classic where it's messing up costs in the spellmaker. Next time this happens, I'll restart the game before I assume the spreadsheet is wrong. :lol:

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:53 am

No problem mate. :-) It's natural that humans make mistakes. And, afterall, computers are only humans as well ... or nearly so with all the deep learning going on these days. :D

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:19 pm

Horse trotting....
Check out my YouTube Channel!