Encumbrance

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Sojonin

Encumbrance

Post by Sojonin »

Hi, I'm new to the Forum and was wondering if there was a way to modify carry weight or wagon storage? I apologize if it's been stated somewhere else, I don't know where to look.

pango

Re: Encumbrance

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums, Sojonin!

Your max encumbrance is Strength x 1.5, so increase your strength!

Wagon capacity is always 750kg. It seems classic used 1000kg for some time, but 750kg is used in the last released version, so that's what Daggerfall Unity uses.

They're some lightweight item enchantments, but enchanted items require high enough rank in the mages guild or school of Julianos, if I remember correctly.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Sojonin

Post by Sojonin »

Darn, no work-arounds? On an unrelated note, is there a way to find missing NPCs? I'm trying to find someone who tried having me arrested for stealing from someone I hadn't met yet and he isn't where his marker says he is.

pango

Post by pango »

Sojonin wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:23 pm Darn, no work-arounds?
Not a one-fit-them-all solution, no. That's something you have to manage in Daggerfall.
Put everything you don't readily need in your wagon, including gold (400 golds weights 1kg). Sell what you don't need. Put your gold at the bank and take letters of credit. Buy a ship or a house to store what no longer fits in your wagon...
Sojonin wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:23 pm On an unrelated note, is there a way to find missing NPCs? I'm trying to find someone who tried having me arrested for stealing from someone I hadn't met yet and he isn't where his marker says he is.
It depends on the quest, you usually have to ask around, if that's an option in the dialog screen.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Sojonin

Post by Sojonin »

I did ask around, he's nowhere to be found in the location he's supposed to be in. Teleporting to his marker leads me to a room where he isn't.

JorisVanEijden

Post by JorisVanEijden »

Can you post a save? Preferably from when you're in that room?

Sojonin

Post by Sojonin »

JorisVanEijden wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:53 pm Can you post a save? Preferably from when you're in that room?
What do you need uploaded?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The save file, zipped up: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27552#p27552

Sojonin

Post by Sojonin »

This is in the room required, word of warning the city watch pop up occasionally to bring you to court.
Attachments
SAVE5.rar
(228.84 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

You're still a ways from completing the quest.

I recommend using the UESP walkthrough to find out where the right people and the right places are.