Is Fighters Guild considered nasty? People hate me

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Daniel0x00

Is Fighters Guild considered nasty? People hate me

Post by Daniel0x00 »

Hi,

This is my very first game ever. I escaped Privateer's Hold, reached Daggerfall, joined Fighters Club and now everybody in the streets say that I am "as evil as Clavicus Vile". Why is that? Do they hate Fighters Guild or what?

Just in case I confirm that:
* At character creation I didn't change any reputations
* I didn't join any other guilds
* I didn't complete any other quests yet

Ralzar

Re: Is Fighters Guild considered nasty? People hate me

Post by Ralzar »

Hm... you’ve done somthing. What’s your Personality attribute?
Check your quest log for any running quests.

Daniel0x00

Post by Daniel0x00 »

Hum, it happens literally after enter the city first time and join Fighters Guild (I reloaded a couple of time to check that), step-by-step instruction to reproduce:

1. Enter the city
2. Join Fighters Club, take a quest.
3. Go around the streets and talk to people

Eventually you will see that some of them compare you to Clavicus Vile.

My personality is 40, I have a minor skill of Streetwise (but I do *not* switch to blunt when talking to peopl), can it be related?

Just in case I clarify that I play DaggerfallUnity.

Thanks for the help!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Can you attach a savefile please? I'm suspecting it may be due to a bug in random faction enemies code that's been fixed since the last release, but no way to tell without looking at your character reputation data.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Daniel0x00

Post by Daniel0x00 »

I feel really stupid now, but.. where are the saves? My SAVE0..SAVE5 are empty, googling didn't help, where does DFUnity stores its saves?

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Daniel0x00 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:29 pm I feel really stupid now, but.. where are the saves? My SAVE0..SAVE5 are empty, googling didn't help, where does DFUnity stores its saves?
On my Windows 7 PC, "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity\Saves"

Each folder, a different savegame. Just zip the folder and attach it to a post. ;)

Daniel0x00

Post by Daniel0x00 »

Thanks for the hint!
The file is attached.
Attachments
SAVE6.rar
(225.38 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I spoke to several people after loading your save, none said I was evil. Rep is 0 so they are not super friendly by default like later entries in the series. Faction data seems fine too. Basically I cannot see any issues.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Gray Fox

Post by Gray Fox »

Daniel, did you have your weapon drawn when the NPCs were not very nice to you? That might be the reason. Don't talk to NPCs with a weapon drawn.

Daniel0x00

Post by Daniel0x00 »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:42 am I spoke to several people after loading your save, none said I was evil. Rep is 0 so they are not super friendly by default like later entries in the series. Faction data seems fine too. Basically I cannot see any issues.
Hey, sorry for a late reply. It's bizarre as the woman who is literally in front of you when you load the save is the one who compared me Clavicus Vile! I loaded the save myself again and experienced the same as you: everyone was nice. But if I continue to ask, after 20-30 people they start mentioning Clavicus Vile again. If I save and load everything is back to normal again.
Daniel, did you have your weapon drawn when the NPCs were not very nice to you? That might be the reason. Don't talk to NPCs with a weapon drawn.
No, thanks for the idea, I double-checked there was no weapon drawn.