Projet

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Cristalnoir

Projet

Post by Cristalnoir »

I have an existential issue for Interkarma.
First, I Felecite you for the big job that you have already made. Believe me, I know the work it represents. But your project takes the empleur and it will attract enthusiasts.
Now, you think being motivated enough to continue your project another 2, 4 or 10 years? Because if this continues, we go for.
pernickety question!
Your API will boost the Daggerfall data or your API Daggerfall will read the data and will be edited or moddable ENTIRELY?
I explain: Will Does it possible thereafter, for example to create new skills, new fate, new models, change the gameplay, new quest, etc ...? to enrich Daggerfall.
I say this "theory".
Cristalnoir studio

Interkarma

Re: Projet

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you Cristalnoir, I appreciate your feedback. :)

I would say that, eventually, yes it will be possible to add new races, classes, quests, spells, items, text, etc. Quite a bit of work has already been done to decouple core gameplay data from source files and this will only improve. But at this time, as per mission statement, my highest priority is simply creating a playable version of Daggerfall in the Unity engine.

I don't plan on being at the helm of this project forever. I believe it's ultimately better off in the hands of the community as a whole rather than being controlled by a single person. My goal is simply to wrap up the core gameplay and empower the community to make increasingly richer contributions through both the open source nature of the project and through mods.

I would eventually like to move on and create my own games. As satisfying as working on something like Daggerfall is, I'm reaching a point where my own personal growth demands that I take on new challenges and create something of my own.

Cristalnoir

Post by Cristalnoir »

I fear this wonderful project becomes like Daggerfall XL
To abandon
Cristalnoir studio

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

You shouldn't worry about that so much. :) Daggerfall Unity is already fully open source has many regular contributors from the community. I could disappear tomorrow and other clever people would be able to carry it on without me.

There's nothing particularly special or clever about me personally the project needs. I'm just very passionate about the game and like helping other people create stuff along with me.