Sprite Redux shoutout and progress

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
daggerdude

Sprite Redux shoutout and progress

Post by daggerdude »

So I just recently added bodies to the project i've been working on and honestly, somewhat forgot :P
Just wanted to let you all know the project is alive, and its open to anyone who wants to redo little items in game, or weapons, or bodies, ect. Also looking for people who may be interested in refining current work for when daggerfall unity gets the 1.0 release.
WARNING PIXEL NUDITY
daggerdude wrote:
Spoiler!
Hi all, here are some of my alternate sprites for daggerfall so that perhaps when we get a working prototype, more or better sprites can be added/replace content. all my To Do items will be meant as replacements or alternates for vanilla daggerfall sprites. This of course means reforming bodies, which i also intend to do. May do are optional resources for mod development, and will be seperated, or are things in general i don't take high priority in.

Weapons : official
Weapons : unofficial
TO DO

To do: Saber, Flail, Dai-katana, Long bow, Short Bow, Staff, Mace, Warhammer
May do: Falchion, One handed flails, Crossbow, Bec-de-corbin, spear, javelin(s)

Armor: official
Helmets (official and unofficial mixed)
Leather
Chain

Armor: unofficial
TO DO

To Do: Simple Plate, Heavy Plate, Gothic Plate (fancy)
May do: studded leather, oiled ringmail, Scale mail, Brigadine half plate and chainmail

Bodies

To DO : Argonian, Kajiit, Censored Versions
May Do : ?

WARNING: PIXEL NUDITY AND GENITALS (NON-SEXUAL)
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Faces & Bodies : to do

Miscellaneous items, potions and ingredients : may do

Do you like what you see? feel free to contribute your art to this thread, and you'll be credited for you work. this is what I hope: that people will work with me to recreate the feel of the daggerfall sprites, while enhancing them.

Xaphir

Re: Sprite Redux shoutout and progress

Post by Xaphir »

This is excellent work! Thank you for the effort on this. Got a question, from the perspective of a newbie in the modding arena -- are we looking at the possibility of 3d sprites?

daggerdude

Re: Sprite Redux shoutout and progress

Post by daggerdude »

There's a possibility of anything, if people help. however, my plans are only to re-sprite non-animated things. Honestly, I think certain things should be created in 3d and then digitized into sprites to replace the originals. creating sprites from scratch for monsters and swinging animations would be hell.

If anyone would like to help, I am redesigning static sprites. your contributions will be added to the thread and lessen my workload!