Is Disease still too weak?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ralzar

Is Disease still too weak?

Post by Ralzar »

I remember when I first tested Unity, my first character got out of Privateers Hold, traveled to Daggerfall and discovered he had a disease. I though "Cool! Diseases are actually a thing now."

I've never seen a disease since then, other than lycanthrophy. Is it working correctly? Or is the problem simply that only critters like rats or bats infect the player and you never see them after the first levels?

Ralzar

Re: Is Disease still too weak?

Post by Ralzar »

Never mind

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

I nearly choked on my coffee :lol:

Of all the diseases you can catch you get that one. Daggerfall never disappoints, not even the Unity recreation. Get well soon!
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I've learned to always keep some Cure Poison and Cure Disease potions with me after my last character perma-died due to saving while poisoned ;)

But yeah, this felt like calling the wrath of the gods upon myself :D

pango

Post by pango »

Just perfect :lol:
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

As far as I know, you can't get diseased or poisoned at 1st level; Daggerfall taking a bit of pity on you. So that might explain the apparent immunity. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:14 am As far as I know, you can't get diseased or poisoned at 1st level; Daggerfall taking a bit of pity on you. So that might explain the apparent immunity. :)
I recall rushing though Privateer's hold avoiding as much as I can but ending up with disease probably from a rat/bat bite which would of made me level 1.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Ommamar wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:37 pm
Narf the Mouse wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:14 am As far as I know, you can't get diseased or poisoned at 1st level; Daggerfall taking a bit of pity on you. So that might explain the apparent immunity. :)
I recall rushing though Privateer's hold avoiding as much as I can but ending up with disease probably from a rat/bat bite which would of made me level 1.
Same here.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Huh. Well, so much for that theory. I can't recall ever getting a disease before level 2, myself, though.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:41 pm Huh. Well, so much for that theory. I can't recall ever getting a disease before level 2, myself, though.
Could be that vanilla Daggerfall has that immunity while DFU does not.