The Main Quest

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Gray Fox

The Main Quest

Post by Gray Fox »

I'm actually doing the MQ for the first time. When I played the original game, I just did whatever I wanted and never got around to it. However, now that I am doing the individual quests, I feel that some are nearly impossible to figure out without using the guide in the UESP Wiki. Would it be possible to modify/add some log entries so that the game is doable without outside sources? Something simple, like "I should spend a few days in Sentinel asking about News." Or, after a few hours beneath Castle Sentinel, a message like "One of the Royal family must know how to get to Prince Karolis' chamber." Then one of the family can provide the text of the instructions from the Wiki, that could be copied into the notes (perhaps in return for a quest of their own). Just some reasonable instructions to clarify actions for the next step or keep the story from grinding to a halt. Thanks!

pango

Re: The Main Quest

Post by pango »

I think this converges with Jay_H's idea to flesh out the main quest: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1433&p=29776#p29776...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Gray Fox

Post by Gray Fox »

Agreed. Perhaps someone can merge my post into that thread.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I’m working my way through the Main Quest and absolutely thinking the same thing. The fact that the vague Brisienna logentry just hangs around there, cluttering up the logbook is so annoying since it literally serves no purpose unless you throw away the letters from Sentinel and Wayrest without reading them.
It would also be handy if the Main Quest entries changed just so you had an indication that you were affecting the Main Quest.