Question about climate

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
pango

Re: Question about climate

Post by pango »

Jammer wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:28 am Interkarma also pointed out that the populations of Sentinel & Tigonius appear as Breton in classic as well. Are there existing mods that "correct" these quirks of the classic version?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1583 ?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Interesting, I meant DFU mods though

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

I'm planning to make a DFU mod too or an enhanced Hammerfell option if this is not easily modable. I've already a git branch dedicated to that but did not work on it for some time.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Please get the unused sprites in the game,it desperately needs more variety:)

Jammer

Post by Jammer »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:14 pm Please get the unused sprites in the game,it desperately needs more variety:)
I've uploaded a windows build here in case anyone want to try it out. This also includes the population swaps. The required changes are on the 3 lines shown here.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qoexcp

sollrakc

Post by sollrakc »

Sorry to revive this but I don't get it... Shouldn't this be included as a fix instead of modded in? Considering that this was probably an oversight from bethesda, right?
I mean, if the terrain heightmaps were corrected, I think this would fall in the same category of things that should probably be fixed.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

This needs more attention and moved to the Help & Support Id say.

I hardly found this thread after a year, and that was only because I have downloaded the fix to my HDD and went searching for the actual thread today.

Really, we want the climates to work properly and show all the nature sprites.

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Same here, I just came across when I had this WTF moment while checking my Believable Nature mod.
I was climbing higher and higher to see when my vegetation composition will change but got stuck with woodland flats.
I am now wondering, should I add the changes of those climates into my mod or will this be part of DU in the near future?
If I would like to add those changes to my mod, how would I go about this? Can I just replace the original MapsFile.cs with my mod or will it be overriden again by the game when a save game is loaded or a new game is started?
In Julianos we Trust.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Heres the thread where I reported this
http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic. ... d39#p50401
Some changes were implemted, so the Haunted Woodland is now in the game to my best knowledge.

But I think the Woodland hills were not implemented. Ive made a bug report about it here now:
http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic. ... a6e#p51720

The racial population question was discussed and I was told Interkarma thinks its ok as it is now. If there are some hard facts about that being not true, maybe let us know in the thread at the top of this post. Interkarma stated hes open for a community feedback. And some knowledgeable feedback would be cool indeed.

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Thank you for the heads-up!
I am a total noob if it comes to the lore of Tamriel haha.
I started out with Morrowind when I was a kid but didn't get half of the story, then played Oblivion a bit more excessive and skyrim the most - always straying from the main story like a cat from a bath.
I never finished the main story of a single TES game :D
In Julianos we Trust.