Is armour damage working?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ralzar

Is armour damage working?

Post by Ralzar »

I am on the last bit of the Main Quest and I realized that the armour I have been wearing for about 80% of the game is all still "New". I have had to repair my weapon 4 or 5 times, but the armour seems to stay undamaged. Is this either not working or maybe works too little? I seem to remember having to repair armour in vanilla Daggerfall. Less than weapons, mind you, but still.

I play a pure melee fighter, so I get hit plenty.

Interkarma

Re: Is armour damage working?

Post by Interkarma »

It is implemented and armour does take damage. Agree it could use a review as it seems to happen less than intended.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

ha, you should try using a bow sometime. It'll likely break half way through second dungeon you use it. :lol:

Yes, this needs a review and has bugged me for a while. Maybe it matches classic, I have no idea, but it's definitely not enough for players to even notice the damage currently which wastes a lot of the repair mechanics.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Now that I became aware of it: Magic Items that have effects when worn do not seem to take damage either. Stuff that has triggered spells like fireball etc gets worn down pretty fast, but all items I have that give constant buffs are still new.
I could have sworn that when playing vanilla Daggerfall I used to equip/unequip those items to not wear them out during non-combat parts.
Maybe they only have one "use" counted when you equip them? And that lasts forever?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yeah, that's not been implemented yet but it will be at some point.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Ah ok, that explains it :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Cast When Held damage is implemented, but to the best of available knowledge.