From a long time fan of these games... I got a small gripe with this.

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
mikeprichard

Re: From a long time fan of these games... I got a small gripe with this.

Post by mikeprichard »

Consequence of Grace wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:29 pm But, hmm... I still miss a lot more than I used to and get hit by rats more often than I hit them.
If you still think this is a problem, please let Interkarma know the specific issues, posting your save file(s); not sure whether he's already looked into this. I don't notice any issues myself, but I very rarely play classic these days to actually compare results. That said, as Jay_H mentioned earlier in this same topic (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2973#p34212), if you're only noticing a difference compared to earlier DFU builds rather than classic Daggerfall, it's not actually an issue, so I wouldn't be too quick to blame DFU. ;)

Consequence of Grace

Post by Consequence of Grace »

This is the first time I actually tried a DFU build, so I'm comparing things with DOS Box and the patched CD.

I do tend to play Daggerfall a few times a year, like a lot of my old games.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

In that case, save data and details posted to the Help & Support forum may be in order (if you haven't done so already).

RonFromHighRock

Post by RonFromHighRock »

Rats are taller than they look, I noticed that I hit better if the cursor is one rat above the rat. :)

Appreciating the game more and more as my character progresses. No crashes. No trips into the void.

One issue that I had was buying a ship. I couldn't use it because after arriving on my ship there was an enemy somewhere within alert distance and I could not fast travel or rest on my ship. I guess we need a "Ships Cat" mod to keep the vermin down. Reloaded a saved game and haven't tried again, but I plan to.

Updated: Bought the large ship. I rested once, then got the nearby enemies message, but only near the stern of the ship and only on the port side. I walked and flew around the area and also walked thru every part of the interior and did not see anything out of place. Very limited test, 5 minutes perhaps. I hoped that the large ship would be big enough to be usable and so far it looks like it will work.
Last edited by RonFromHighRock on Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Consequence of Grace wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:29 pm But, hmm... I still miss a lot more than I used to and get hit by rats more often than I hit them.
Are you using any Mods? I think Ironman System changes Critical Strike to actually increase damage instead of boosting ToHit rolls.

I noticed I was whiffing a bit more at low levels with that change.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

On the "hitting rats" issue, see continuation at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3172

Consequence of Grace

Post by Consequence of Grace »

Just to clarify,

No, I am not using any mods
No, I am not comparing DFU build with DFU build
No, I don't have any fancy-pants critter variation turned on
Yes, I am comparing Classic Daggerfall under DOS Box with the latest DFU build.
Yes, I am talking only about a new character inside Privateer's Hold.

This is the first time I used DFU, ever, so I'm comparing with Vanilla Classic patched to 213 or whatever the last patch was.

I also noticed that I hit rats more often when I aim above them.

But all the lowest level vermin hit me the instant they are close enough, the instant a door opens etc.

:)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Consequence of Grace wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:43 pm Just to clarify, (...)
I suggested it a while back, but would you consider posting a save file to that other topic? That will probably be the most helpful if any possible issues are ever to be identified and resolved.