Are werewolf/boar bonuses retroactive?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Seferoth

Are werewolf/boar bonuses retroactive?

Post by Seferoth »

So if i want to get my skills that gain bonus do to a lycanthropy over 100, do i need to get them to 100 before contracting the disease? Or can i turn myself to a were creature at the start and the bonus skills would be allowed to raise naturally to their max potential(aka 130)?

Interkarma

Re: Are werewolf/boar bonuses retroactive?

Post by Interkarma »

The maximum value for attributes in Daggerfall is 100. They can't be raised past this without mods.

For classic Daggerfall, you have DagSkills. This can optionally be installed as part of DaggerfallSetup.

It's possible to create a DagSkills equivalent mod for DFU, but I'm not sure if anyone has created one yet.

pango

Post by pango »

There was Bad Higher DFU Attributes, but it predates attributes cap modability, so I have no idea if it still works correctly...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

According to wiki, skills can go over 100 in classic Daggerfall when you are Werewolf/boar. I am not just sure if i am required to have those skills at 100 BEFORE turning to Were creature if i want them to raise to 130, or can i turn to Were creature earlier and still get them to 130.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Lycanthropy