Daggerfall Gazetteer

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Consequence of Grace

Daggerfall Gazetteer

Post by Consequence of Grace »

Daggerfall Gazetteer

There’s a web site that was compiling information on every province, town and vendor in Daggerfall.

http://www.jceason.dircon.co.uk/dagger/dfgaz.htm

I think eventually the project died a natural death due to the passage of time.

But I wonder if any such thing could be created in Unity? Is all that information easily accessible?

My latest character worships Arkay and has joined the Fighter and Mage guild. She talked to townsfolk and asked for the locations of temples of Arkay and then the Guilds, and so far Burgcester is the only town in Daggerfall that has all three.

But Burgcester is a small town (even though it has 2 temples and 2 guilds) and has few shops, but does have a high end Jewellers and rusty General Store. And a rusty Pawn Shop, IIRC.

I’d like to find a walled city that has all three, a Thieves and Dark Brotherhood Guild and a Knightly order. I may have to go to a city in a province where Arkay is primary deity.

Also, does anyone know whether, if I go to another province as soon as I leave Privateers Hold, I can avoid triggering the main quest to start? EG if I avoid Daggerfall, Wayrest and Sentinel completely and Live Another Life and rule my own province?

Cheers!

BadLuckBurt

Re: Daggerfall Gazetteer

Post by BadLuckBurt »

The UESP has a list cities and the services offered. On my phone so I can't look it up easily but it exists. That's how I settled on Menevia

Someone released a mod that made the main quest optional, check in the released mods section
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Consequence of Grace

Thanks guys!

Will that mod allow me to start the ,main quest later on when I chose to? I think there were some like that for Skyrim DLC, but that's a whole different bag of fish.

I found a forum where some guy was trying a similar thing to me and he figured never visiting the main 3 provinces and never going to a town in Daggerfall might work.

Cheers!

:)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

DFU is hard-coded to start three quests at game beginning: _BRISIEN, S0000999, and S0000977. I replaced those files with optional start prompts. To begin them, you'd have to enter the console and type:

Code: Select all

startquest _BRISIEN
and so on for each of them individually.

Consequence of Grace

Jay_H wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:22 pm To begin them, you'd have to enter the console
Oh, it's your mod! OK, cheers, so I could start the main quest later any time I want?

Brilliant!

Now I just need to find data on all the towns, as the UESP wiki is a bit thin.

Cheers!

:)

Consequence of Grace

Well, I found that there are suitable cities for an Assassin-Ninja-Illusionist-Acrobat types to train in Shalgora, which is right next to Daggerfall!

Baellech
Charidge
Deermore
Easttower Hollow
Kirkbrugh

all have Fighter, Mage, Thief and Dark Brotherhood guilds and a Temple of Arkay! But no Knights, so inns and ships still cost!

But I rolled a Paladin of Stendarr. It's much harder to find somewhere for Stendarr (no need for Thief and Dark brotherhood, because paladin). Maybe Anticlere unless I cross the bay.

Cheers!.