Knight Order and Free House question.

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Seferoth

Knight Order and Free House question.

Post by Seferoth »

So, what happens if you already own a house before receiving your free house from Knight Order? Can i still get house from them and maybe sell it to the bank?

Hazelnut

Re: Knight Order and Free House question.

Post by Hazelnut »

Well you could just try it. IIRC it says you already own a house but it's been a while since I implemented it. Yep just checked the code. You can only own 1 house per region.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:18 pm Well you could just try it. IIRC it says you already own a house but it's been a while since I implemented it. Yep just checked the code. You can only own 1 house per region.
So, its best to not buy a house before getting max rank in the Knights order, kind a shame that you lose the biggest reward if you already own a house.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Well only if you look at the game as "how do I gain the most stuff & power" way. Otherwise you do not need to rely on the charity of the Kightly Order as you're already doing well enough to have purchased your own house.

If you want not to 'waste' it just travel somewhere else and get your free house in that region instead. Or am I thinking of temples which appear in multiple regions. Can't remember for Knightly orders.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:46 am Well only if you look at the game as "how do I gain the most stuff & power" way. Otherwise you do not need to rely on the charity of the Kightly Order as you're already doing well enough to have purchased your own house.

If you want not to 'waste' it just travel somewhere else and get your free house in that region instead. Or am I thinking of temples which appear in multiple regions. Can't remember for Knightly orders.
It's not about how to gain stuff&power, it's about being rewarded for achieving a maximum rank in a Faction, something like that should be rewarded not matter what. Still, it's not too bad, it's just gold after all if you are going to sell it anyway. Knight orders only appear in a single region. Like Host of the Horn that is only found in Lainlyn.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Oh right, so you are restricted. Best I can suggest is sell old house then get your free one, assuming you don't mind moving of course.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:00 pm Oh right, so you are restricted. Best I can suggest is sell old house then get your free one, assuming you don't mind moving of course.
That's not a bad idea if you bought a small house yourself and are looking for an upgrade, as what i understand the free house you are given can be even those that cost over 1m gold.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

It can be any house in the current town that you could buy at the bank. randomly chosen so it could be a hovel :)

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:07 pm It can be any house in the current town that you could buy at the bank. randomly chosen so it could be a hovel :)
That's what save and loading is for. Just load the save until you get one you want, i am assuming it randomly decided what house to give you the moment you receive it.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

I always thought it was odd but funny how the game did that. "Hey your the best coolest awesomest knight we know so we will give you this horse stall hovel we have in the back as your ultimate reward!"
I know you can get around it by save scrumming (which was always a huge tactic in classic Daggerfall) just funny they would allow for that situation to occur.