Will ever have fully 3D models???

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
SirDetSilent

Re: Will ever have fully 3D models???

Post by SirDetSilent »

Classic1985 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:33 pm If everybody can make at least one basic base model for others to work on then sure this game will have full 3d. for example: a few months ago with 2 weeks worth of time I created a base Argonian model for you all. check it out. making the 3d models aint too hard with basic blender knowledge, we just need coders to insert it into the game.

argonian model: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2923

plus this project thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2738

Classic1985
Even though the quality of that isnt the best its still good enough.

Classic1985

Post by Classic1985 »

lol yep texturing aint my thing but modeling aint too bad.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

SirDetSilent wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:35 pm
King of Worms wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:06 am I think that the ppl who cant stand the sprites cant enjoy DFU anyway... The fact that the npc changes to 3d would gain like 3 minutes to their attention span. My opinion. I might be wrong.
As i said the game world is an illusion, and you should try and make that illusion as believable as possible, Morrowind gives me issues even though i love it because NPC's just stay in the same place, thats not anything close to how humans are, we sleep we eat we move, we go to work, we go home, it makes the world feel alive, id like to maybe see some sort of radiant AI scripts for this at some point, you combine that with 3D models instead of sprites and you have a much more believable world, then layer on some stories, not every faction has to have them, then make the dungeons smaller and all of a sudden you have a game thats 50 times better and probably the greatest RPG ever.
Good think its open for modding, so you can do that :)

DaveCastle

Post by DaveCastle »

Goodness me, a game that's nearly 20 years old has somewhat unrealistic NPC behaviour. (Also what an arse it would have been to track down a specific NPC without quest markers if their location changed based on the time of day. Vanilla Stardew Valley can be quite painful in that regard with its 20-something NPCs altogether.)
Double goodness me, a game that's nearly 30 years old (and was a breathtaking achievement in open-world RPG design at the time, with radiant quests thrown in too) still doesn't have thousands of 3d models and handcrafted dungeons.

Instead of listing your complaints about Daggerfall not living up to your standards of a titanic supergame another time, why don't you just play a game you actually like? Have you even tried the mods me and the others suggested? Judging by your wording, I doubt it, you seem fairly focused on complaining for complaining's sake. I sure hope I'm wrong.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
- Mark Twain

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This topic is not in good shape. Anything worth saying has already been said, so I'm closing this now.

Daggerfall Unity is intended to be classic Daggerfall with quality of life enhancements and mod support. Anything beyond that is considered mod territory.

If anyone feels a mod is missing that should be created, I encourage them to step up and create that mod for others to enjoy.

https://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dag ... y/modding/