Tempted to try a character that gets no HP from level ups.

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Seferoth

Tempted to try a character that gets no HP from level ups.

Post by Seferoth »

Noticed that if you put your Endurance to 10 and reduce the HP Per level to 4 you dont get any health from level ups at all. Very tempted to make the most destructive mage of all time, but one who dies if someone even looks his way. :D

Edit: I am sure dungeon crawling would be lot more intense with this character. :D

Jeoshua

Re: Tempted to try a character that gets no HP from level ups.

Post by Jeoshua »

Name him Vitreous Arquebus

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hmm, the more i think about it the more tempting it is. Would give me a reason to really invest in potion making as this character would live and die by magic, and i cannot absorb all my own spells. So Potions of Powers would really come in handy when in need to spam some defensive spells, etc. Glassinus Cannorus is a fine name as well. :D
Last edited by Seferoth on Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I tried this a long time ago:
No restrictions other than Max HP = 4 in Classmaker, and Endurance < 20. The goal was to reach level 5.
It was utterly miserable. The slightest fall from any height was nearly lethal. I fulfilled my goal of reaching level 5 but I'm never doing that again! :D

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:21 am I tried this a long time ago:
No restrictions other than Max HP = 4 in Classmaker, and Endurance < 20. The goal was to reach level 5.
It was utterly miserable. The slightest fall from any height was nearly lethal. I fulfilled my goal of reaching level 5 but I'm never doing that again! :D
And with your Unleveled Mobs mod things would get even more interesting. :twisted:

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I've basically tried this. Played a Mage to level 10 or so with... 40 Endurance I think?

It was... hard :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Maybe you could do a char that starts with say 50 or 100 health but will never gain any more? (you would need to edit save file after creation)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Make a 4 HP Commoner. Buy a wagon (not a horse) and try your hand at trading :D

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:56 am Maybe you could do a char that starts with say 50 or 100 health but will never gain any more? (you would need to edit save file after creation)
Maybe i make it so that i get 1 HP from level ups. My max HP would be around 55-60 at max level.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Also this character will have critical weakness to disease and poison and i cannot use any type of armors except leather. Also no dodging, and misc skills are limited to 25. I was thinking of putting Strength to 10 as well, but that might be too hardcore even for me. :D