Daggerfall Unity 0.3 General Discussion

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Xaphir

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.3 General Discussion

Post by Xaphir »

Michael_TEFL wrote:Thanks a lot for the hint! Now it's playable.

My settings:
WeaponSwingThreshold = 0.7
WeaponSwingTriggerCount = 2
WeaponSensitivity = 0.7
Interesting. Your settings significantly deviate from mine. I'm wondering now how your settings would affect weapon response here.

Interkarma's recent addition of the experimental settings made all this possible; glad the procedure helped. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm glad that helped! Also much appreciate Xaphir's detailed write-up.

I know that frame-rate and vsync can affect mouse tracking, as Unity's input system runs at a per-frame resolution. Anything that impacts frame-rate will influence the weapon handling. Lower frate-rate means less responsive weapon swings.

I also thick that other mouse settings can influence this as well, e.g. sensitivity, acceleration, operating system, driver... blah. :(

There's probably no perfect out of the box solution that fits everyone (short of a totally different weapon setup), but I can no doubt refine the tweaking process one day with a nice UI. The INI settings will probably do for now though.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I just upgraded from Linux Mint 17.3 to 18. In 17.3 I could only run DFU with open GL, which prevented me from using the Far Terrain Mod. Now in 18 I can run DFU natively and use the Far Terrain mod. It also seems to be less intensive than before.