Daggerfall Unity 0.3 General Discussion

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Daggerfall Unity 0.3 General Discussion

Post by Interkarma »

The Daggerfall Unity 0.3 release is now available to testers on the Live Builds page.

A new stable release will be ready in a few weeks once most of the initial bugs have been squashed. I am also working on a new DFTFU release in line with next stable build, including updated tutorials.

This thread is for general discussion about the 0.3 release cycle. If you have a specific bug, please log this in the Bug Reports forums. Don't forget to read the stickied guidelines first. :)

If you have any general queries, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jay_H

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.3 General Discussion

Post by Jay_H »

After I had downloaded 0.3 to start testing, I took a video of myself, sort of as the digital equivalent of "unboxing" for DFU. Excited for another step forward!

No more joke posts from me in the future, I assure you.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote:After I had downloaded 0.3 to start testing, I took a video of myself, sort of as the digital equivalent of "unboxing" for DFU. Excited for another step forward!

No more joke posts from me in the future, I assure you.
:lol:

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

I have to say: I love the new load/save interface. Switching between characters is the best thing ever!!!

btw: how is determined which character's saves are default? because I observed this: I started from a fresh install and imported a vanilla savegame via the import option. Then I saved a new savegame. Next time when I started up the game it won't show the savegame (and no character switch option available). After I created a savegame for "nameless" char after starting with startbehaviour "new game" and saving on the next start I had the switch option available.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers. :)

I've reproduced that issue of first character not being selected from fresh open.

Edit: Fixes are on git. This should work a lot better now. Will be rolled into next build.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

great thanks!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

In 0.2, the travel map had the white film glitch that kept me from seeing map locations. Someone quietly fixed that for 0.3, and now it's extremely functional, so I wanted to give a big thanks for that.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

I'm glad to hear the map fix worked! :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Is there a convenient link to the github commits page? Or could one be added to the workshop front page? I keep using the one in this blog post, but it's a bit of clicking and scrolling to get there. I know I could just add a bookmark, but that's a matter of reasons :|

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

On dfworkshop.net there's a link to the GitHub page on the right sidebar (first link - "Daggerfall Unity source"). You can just click that then the Commits tab.

I've added a link from the Live Builds page as well. New builds will have all the code changes posted prior to build date.

There will be a lag of a few days to a week between new code and new builds depending on my schedule and how much work the feature needs. I'm aiming to update builds as frequently as possible though.