Non-Obivious things in DFU (beginner's guide)

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
BadLuckBurt

Re: Non-Obivious things in DFU (beginner's guide)

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Because it sucks to live on an island without banks I've added them:

There is now a bank in Whitefort on the Isle of Betony and one in Upvale on the Isle of Balfiera. That'll show those mainland snobs!

Download the JSON files from the repository linked below and put them in StreamingAssets/WorldData

https://github.com/BadLuckBurt/dfu-location-tweaks
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Thank you for the mod. Finally i can live in the Isles and ignore the snooty mainland people! :D

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

That long term Tavern stay actually works? I always worried with Classic that my items would be eaten. But now that you all mention it... this IS the dependable Unity version.

Dang, this is gonna save me a lot of frivolous ship journeys back to home provinces. Thanks for the reminder all.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Aleryn wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:24 am That long term Tavern stay actually works? I always worried with Classic that my items would be eaten. But now that you all mention it... this IS the dependable Unity version.

Dang, this is gonna save me a lot of frivolous ship journeys back to home provinces. Thanks for the reminder all.
Yeah it works, you can "live" in the inn as long as you rent it. Amazing feature if you ask me.

TheYellowDart

Post by TheYellowDart »

Is there a way to remap the Quicksave and Quickload keys?

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

Yes. In the "Pause" menu (when in game, you hit the <Esc> key) where you get the option to "Save" or "Load" a game, at the bottom left is the "Controls" button. Click on that to display the current key mapping. Select the desired entry and then tap the key you want to use. Click the "Save" button to preserve the alteration. Oops. I remembered this wrong. It's not in the "Pause" menu at all. (Ought to be, but there is no room.)

There is a file named "KeyBind.txt" located in the "C:\Users\<AccountName>\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity" which you can modify with a plaintext editor using simple text name for keys (e.g. "F10"). I'm not certain but assumed the position of each action line within the file is significant, so I only changed the key names and left the action entries in place as found. Worked fine for me.

L57

Post by L57 »

Excuse me if it's not an appropriate thread to ask, but I failed to find a clear answer: do race and sex affect attributes in DFU, or classes completely override them - just like in vanilla Daggerfall? I'm new to DFU, and not much informed, is there any DFU character creation tutorial, and do you plan to make a complete "all-in-one" list of changes in comparison to vanilla game?

pango

Post by pango »

L57 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:14 pm Excuse me if it's not an appropriate thread to ask, but I failed to find a clear answer: do race and sex affect attributes in DFU, or classes completely override them - just like in vanilla Daggerfall?
Races have some hardcoded advantages. As far as I know DFU matches classic.
L57 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:14 pm I'm new to DFU, and not much informed, is there any DFU character creation tutorial, and do you plan to make a complete "all-in-one" list of changes in comparison to vanilla game?
There's DFU vs Classic Differences: Master List
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

L57

Post by L57 »

Thank you very much!

L57

Post by L57 »

Are there any detailed information about weapon unsheathing speed? Does speed attribute influence this?