Argh! Way too many character ideas!

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Seferoth

Argh! Way too many character ideas!

Post by Seferoth »

So, now that most of the mods have been updated and are working again i decided to start again playing more actively...only problem is that i have way too many good character ideas! Nabasha the Catbandit, Maleficus the frail Dark Wizard, Lucindra of Lastabia a holy seducer of House of Dibella, Haffid Hammerfist a Nord Berserker, Balthazar the Shadow Scholar of School of Julianos, Thrandiel the Lorehunter a Wood Elf obsessed with secrets and mysteries. I know myself way too well, if i choose one of them i start to regret it about 1-2 hours in the game. Ugh, i hate having a good imagination. :D

Interkarma

Re: Argh! Way too many character ideas!

Post by Interkarma »

Keep on gaming those systems, Seferoth. I have really appreciated your feedback on the forums so far. You've caught some really weird edge cases in your time here. :)

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:09 am Keep on gaming those systems, Seferoth. I have really appreciated your feedback on the forums so far. You've caught some really weird edge cases in your time here. :)
Very happy to hear that. I was starting to think if people here might be getting sick with my topics and reports. :D. I am a bug magnet(my official title according to one modder) so i am bound to find some more. I am starting to think that i might not play any other game for a loooong time, i mean i have already played over 250 hours of Daggerfall Unity during this 1 month...I have practically done nothing else...and i see no reason why i would be stopping for any time soon(especially when there is a constant stream of amazing mods released). DFU is my favorite game of all time already and i just love the community here and am proud to be part of it. :)

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Seferoth wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:24 am So, now that most of the mods have been updated and are working again i decided to start again playing more actively...only problem is that i have way too many good character ideas! Nabasha the Catbandit, Maleficus the frail Dark Wizard, Lucindra of Lastabia a holy seducer of House of Dibella, Haffid Hammerfist a Nord Berserker, Balthazar the Shadow Scholar of School of Julianos, Thrandiel the Lorehunter a Wood Elf obsessed with secrets and mysteries. I know myself way too well, if i choose one of them i start to regret it about 1-2 hours in the game. Ugh, i hate having a good imagination. :D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Ommamar wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:54 pm
Seferoth wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:24 am So, now that most of the mods have been updated and are working again i decided to start again playing more actively...only problem is that i have way too many good character ideas! Nabasha the Catbandit, Maleficus the frail Dark Wizard, Lucindra of Lastabia a holy seducer of House of Dibella, Haffid Hammerfist a Nord Berserker, Balthazar the Shadow Scholar of School of Julianos, Thrandiel the Lorehunter a Wood Elf obsessed with secrets and mysteries. I know myself way too well, if i choose one of them i start to regret it about 1-2 hours in the game. Ugh, i hate having a good imagination. :D
Well since you can save a lot more characters in DFU I would say this is a good dilemma to have!
It is a good dilemma. Problem is...me, when i have multiple good character ideas i cannot choose between them, and if i do i will very soon start to regret my choice...and end up making another...and another...and another and on and on it goes. :D . I also just cannot play with multiple characters at the same time. It's because how i play, might sound silly, but i write quite detailed backstories for each of my characters i play. I actually wrote a short "novel" for my favorite character in Oblivion. Been doing something like this since Morrowind...maybe i could create my favorite Oblivion character in Daggerfall! Great, another good idea, just what i needed! :D

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Ugh, still stuck with this "problem". Made 5 characters so far, but deleted them all after 3-5 hours. Too many goddamn character ideas! I have even more now! Sigh, Daggerfall's class maker is way too good. :D

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Oooh, Wood Elf Wayfarer(class name) wielding a shortsword and buckler, wears clothes similar to Link(but red) and travels all around the world looking for adventures! PERFECT!

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Lol that's awesome! :) Sometimes character creation is the best part of the game before playing the actual game. You have a hard time picking all the great characters you come up with, while I still have a hard time just coming up with my next character. I take too long when creating my characters with all the choices. I sometimes tell myself "Come on! You can't spend all day making the character, you gotta play the game sometime!" :D

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:06 am Lol that's awesome! :) Sometimes character creation is the best part of the game before playing the actual game. You have a hard time picking all the great characters you come up with, while I still have a hard time just coming up with my next character. I take too long when creating my characters with all the choices. I sometimes tell myself "Come on! You can't spend all day making the character, you gotta play the game sometime!" :D
Haha, we are kindred spirits i see. I say the same to myself too! :D

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

It's damn hopeless. Why cannot i create a character that does not belong to School of Julianos? Sigh, i am destined to play as scholarly characters for all eternity i see. :D