Not all my mods are showing up in my mod list

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
ironboy992

Not all my mods are showing up in my mod list

Post by ironboy992 »

I have many mods downloaded however mods such as DREAM and Windmills do not show up on the Daggerfall Mod List, why is this? How can I fix this? Thanks!

Dubiousintent

Re: Not all my mods are showing up in my mod list

Post by Dubiousintent »

That would indicate you did not install them correctly.

First, make sure you have the correct platform version of the mod: Windows, or Linux, or OSx. Some packages have only one version, while others contain all three as subfolders and you have to select which to unpack.

Second, check the install instructions carefully. Not all DFU Mods get placed in the "Mods" folder under "StreamingAssets". Some have to be unpacked elsewhere first and then manually dragged to the correct folder (e.g. "Quests" or "Textures"). Sometimes they require you to manually create a specific folder in a particular location (e.g. "Mods\Autosave"). It all depends upon the instructions.

DREAM's install instructions are:
Extract the package and copy the files to the
"...\Daggerfall\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods" folder,
activate DFMOD packages ingame.
That's as straightforward as it gets, so my guess would be you didn't unpack (extract) the archive contents into "Mods".

Windmills is similarly straightforward:
Copy the "windows[sic] of daggerfall.dfmod" into your DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Mods folder.
Again I'm guessing you either didn't unpack the archive or grabbed the one for the wrong platform.

If I'm wrong, then please provide more details as to how you did install.