Advanced Option suggestion: Custom class race attributes.

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Magicono43

Re: Advanced Option suggestion: Custom class race attributes.

Post by Magicono43 »

Huh, I guess I never tested for myself on that one, so donating gold to a temple does not actually do anything? Besides maybe up your reputation with a specific god? I guess this attribute thing will probably have to become a mod then.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I'm pretty sure donations is pretty much just a way to buy Reputation. So you could theoretically buy your way to the top of a temple without doing any quests. Which is really kind of fitting.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

pango wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:45 pm (Offtopic, but replying to Hazelnet
Recently I saw a streamer whole recent character couldn't join a temple, he made a small donation - 100 gold I think - and suddenly could join. So, if it gives none of the benefits planned in the Chronicles, I suspect that it at least puts members in slightly better dispositions vs the player).
Oh yes, it definitely increases your reputation with that god/temple. I figured that out and replicated (hopefully accurately) from testing in classic. I meant the column labelled "Donation Blessing" on this page: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Temples - I actually coded some methods into the temple guild class before coming to the conclusion this was not something implemented in classic.

The chance of a 1point rep boost is (2 * amount / rep + 1) % FYI
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:17 pm I'm pretty sure donations is pretty much just a way to buy Reputation. So you could theoretically buy your way to the top of a temple without doing any quests. Which is really kind of fitting.
I have found the Temple of Zenithar probably the most receptive to gold coins, or maybe that is just the one I usually join. Even if the character build doesn't support it I find gold a quicker way to ingrate myself then doing the nonmember quests.