Advanced Option suggestion: Custom class race attributes.

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Magicono43

Re: Advanced Option suggestion: Custom class race attributes.

Post by Magicono43 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:47 pm

Huh, I guess I never tested for myself on that one, so donating gold to a temple does not actually do anything? Besides maybe up your reputation with a specific god? I guess this attribute thing will probably have to become a mod then.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:17 pm

I'm pretty sure donations is pretty much just a way to buy Reputation. So you could theoretically buy your way to the top of a temple without doing any quests. Which is really kind of fitting.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:24 pm

pango wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:45 pm
(Offtopic, but replying to Hazelnet
Recently I saw a streamer whole recent character couldn't join a temple, he made a small donation - 100 gold I think - and suddenly could join. So, if it gives none of the benefits planned in the Chronicles, I suspect that it at least puts members in slightly better dispositions vs the player).
Oh yes, it definitely increases your reputation with that god/temple. I figured that out and replicated (hopefully accurately) from testing in classic. I meant the column labelled "Donation Blessing" on this page: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Temples - I actually coded some methods into the temple guild class before coming to the conclusion this was not something implemented in classic.

The chance of a 1point rep boost is (2 * amount / rep + 1) % FYI
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:45 pm

Ralzar wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:17 pm
I'm pretty sure donations is pretty much just a way to buy Reputation. So you could theoretically buy your way to the top of a temple without doing any quests. Which is really kind of fitting.
I have found the Temple of Zenithar probably the most receptive to gold coins, or maybe that is just the one I usually join. Even if the character build doesn't support it I find gold a quicker way to ingrate myself then doing the nonmember quests.