Loot Drops: Linux 29 vs Linux 30

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Xaphir

Loot Drops: Linux 29 vs Linux 30

Post by Xaphir »

Is it just me or were the loot drops better in Linux 29? It seemed that the stuff that enemies had was relevant to what they were; for example, the barbarians had pauldrons, shields, greaves, other assorted weapons and armor. Orc shamen on the other hand usually had nothing. But, when you hit a loot pile, random or otherwise, most of the time there was armor or weapons floating around in there.

In the L30 build, every time I run into a loot pile, it seems it's just gold and no other items. One time I did run into a spellsword and he had some fantastic silver armor pieces.

I am running a level 1 character, so that may be a factor to some degree?

Interkarma

Re: Loot Drops: Linux 29 vs Linux 30

Post by Interkarma »

That hasn't changed, but it depends on player level and what you're killing.

Monsters have a percentile chance across different categories times player level. For example, a monster might have a 5% chance per player level to drop a weapon.

Class enemies (mage, thief, archer, etc.) will always drop at least a weapon and some armor of random material type. The material type is scaled by level. You won't see daedric until around level 12 at the moment (which is a bit different to Daggerfall). Drops are not aware of class type (and neither is Daggerfall as far as I can tell based on lots of observation).

Random loot piles have a percentile chance per player level across each item group. Usually will just get gold at level 1.

Try a clear with a higher level character (you can edit SaveData.txt to hack this up if needed) and you'll get very different results to a level 1 character.

Loot tables are based on Daggerfall Chronicles and observation. Will be tuned over time to approximate vanilla with refinements.