Screenshot thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Jay_H

Re: Screenshot thread

Post by Jay_H »

Dark glowing clouds.

Tumbling drops of rain.

The tranquility of nature.

Daggerfall Unity is so awesome :D

pango

Post by pango »

Talking of that, when thunder starts, you stop hearing the rain (even if it continues pouring).
Thunder sounds are so noisy that at first I thought there was some rain sound in them, but after cleaning it was just noise ;)
Attachments
denoised.zip
(908.32 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
original.zip
(902.69 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

pango wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:29 am Talking of that, when thunder starts, you stop hearing the rain (even if it continues pouring).
Thunder sounds are so noisy that at first I thought there was some rain sound in them, but after cleaning it was just noise ;)
Hey did you fix that ?
I see that too and I was wondering what's up.
Can I make it stop doing that in my game or it's something that needs to be fixed ?
the Thunder happens and the rain just Fades out, I thought it might have something to do with the music streaming stuff they put in a couple weeks ago, how it streams the song in so the game doesn't bump, it sounds like that, the rain and thunder fade.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

pango

Post by pango »

Midknightprince wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:11 pm Hey did you fix that ?
Can I make it stop doing that in my game or it's something that needs to be fixed ?
the Thunder happens and the rain just Fades out, I thought it might have something to do with the music streaming stuff they put in a couple weeks ago, how it streams the song in so the game doesn't bump, it sounds like that, the rain and thunder fade.
I added songs streaming, but it should have no impact on sound effects, it's just a different way to play songs.
So no, I suppose it's just the way ambient sounds are currently played, even if I didn't dive into that code yet... Maybe thunder should be played using its own DaggerfallAudioSource, maybe something more complex...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

pango wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:49 pm
Midknightprince wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:11 pm Hey did you fix that ?
I added songs streaming, but it should have no impact on sound effects, it's just a different way to play songs.
So no, I suppose it's just the way ambient sounds are currently played, even if I didn't dive into that code yet... Maybe thunder should be played using its own DaggerfallAudioSource, maybe something more complex...
I like that music streaming stuff, it does sound smooth and no bumping, you hooked that stuff up...
Whatever you guys do is cool with me, freaky weather just throws me off, and I was just curious, rain not falling through the roof sort of mitigates anything tho, so I'm cool....
Yeah........

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Request for comments.
182_11-0.png
182_11-0.png (438.23 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Midknightprince

It's too pretty for me, I like the old school look too much...

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Midknightprince wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:56 am It's too pretty for me, I like the old school look too much...
It's all too pretty for you :D . You probably resent the guy who made sprites from 3D models in the middle of development. Damn him for not drawing every frame in low resolution.

:lol:
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Midknightprince

jayhova wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:59 am
Midknightprince wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:56 am It's too pretty for me, I like the old school look too much...
It's all too pretty for you :D . You probably resent the guy who made sprites from 3D models in the middle of development. Damn him for not drawing every frame in low resolution.

:lol:
I actually want to see that stuff LOL.
It looked like crap in the 90s, and I was cool with it, so I'll just have to wait and see...

Midknightprince

Jay_H wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:55 am Dark glowing clouds.

Tumbling drops of rain.

The tranquility of nature.

Daggerfall Unity is so awesome :D

Do I see a Challenger for my self-imposed Supremacy ?
I think I do.....
So be it ! :twisted:
I shall return within a fortnight ( though probably not that long), with my Coupe de gras....