Screenshot thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
pango

Re: Screenshot thread

Post by pango »

Tough competition in the heart of Alik'R desert...
Tough competition.jpg
Tough competition.jpg (491.26 KiB) Viewed 1685 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Edwistair runs that city, hes got that pad-locked. At night he goes to The Beaver pub :)

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:26 pm Its been a while since Ive directly compared the original art to where Im at now ;)
001.jpg
Thought I might make a stab at it and see if could tweak it a bit in the direction of the original
dagger girl.png
dagger girl.png (443.05 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, why dont you drop by at the DFremaster thread here https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic ... &start=180

Id like to see the file and compare it to my one. If you interrested?

But I must admit I love the face on my file, in this case. Plus it seems you have not used the latest version as a source unfortunatelly. I can send you latest versions if you want to have fun with them. They are not on the internet.
182_45-0.png
182_45-0.png (435.18 KiB) Viewed 1632 times

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:28 pm Hi, why dont you drop by at the DFremaster thread here https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic ... &start=180

Id like to see the file and compare it to my one. If you interrested?

But I must admit I love the face on my file, in this case. Plus it seems you have not used the latest version as a source unfortunatelly. I can send you latest versions if you want to have fun with them. They are not on the internet.
182_45-0.png
Sure. Send me girls. I like girls.

It's not a poorly done face by any means. She does look sad and that did not seem to be what the original was implying. Additionally the shadows on her face seemed backward. She has her hair thrown over to her right shoulder but the shading is all on her left. In the original, her eyes were darker as well. In this one, she has her head slightly turned to the right as well. I like the idea of reproducing as close as possible what the artist was forced to render in blobs of pixels.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

It's not about the destination, but the friends you make along the way :)

of.png
of.png (683.21 KiB) Viewed 1590 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Sure Jayhova, I will send you my girls :)
So... no male at all?

plus

"I like the idea of reproducing as close as possible what the artist was forced to render in blobs of pixels"

I got it, but I used the faces which are presented in the original character portrait, the images which appear when you speak with the given NPCs. So it should technically be original.

Anyway, let me know if you interrested ONLY in the woman, and I will make a pack and send you the latest versions for you to look/work at.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Kamer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:33 am It's not about the destination, but the friends you make along the way :)
Nice to see NPCs outside, original was a very lonely place...
Also, speaking of friends... a companion MOD would be a bomb... you know, somebody who is "sworn to carry your burdens" :D

pango

Post by pango »

I noticed that in the dev build, NPCs you pacify not only stop attacking you, but attack your enemies too.
So we're getting there ;)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:22 pm I noticed that in the dev build, NPCs you pacify not only stop attacking you, but attack your enemies too.
So we're getting there ;)
Cool, so maybe just use the same code which is utilized at this case and we have a friend. Than add a container in him, and some simple dialog mode. LOL! Companion would be so cool