Screenshot thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
King of Worms

Re: Screenshot thread

Post by King of Worms »

I wonder, is this something lore/immersion breaking? Ive read a discussion back than at the mages guild interior topic and my impression was that the runes were not invented at the TES2 era. I also dont have a clue what is written there .) should be some law or smthng... if this is REALLY bad, what kind of runes were used in Daggerfall era? Thanks! PS: Id prefer if I can keep it this way, lazy me...
runes on the wall.jpg
runes on the wall.jpg (419.49 KiB) Viewed 2631 times

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

I think common citizens would not be able to read those runes due to lack of education

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Original seems to be written in some kind of runes as well tho, maybe it was the same as it is nowadays, nobody understands the laws & thus we are all criminals ;) And yea, that dude on a left doesnt seem to understand sh1t :?

PS, finally found last pieces of this gate, they were HIDDEN in a furniture archive... now just lets pray Alexander Sig returns with that new model of a torches he showcased in one of his last posts... btw this gate leads to the King of the Worms lair :twisted:
Spoiler!
gates.jpg
gates.jpg (520.51 KiB) Viewed 2611 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Its been a while since Ive directly compared the original art to where Im at now ;)
001.jpg
001.jpg (385.01 KiB) Viewed 2536 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Nice work. The chin still doesn't look quite right to me, seems to be offset to the right a bit. (her left) Or maybe the features are slightly offset, not sure as I am an artistic idiot. :)

And is it me, or does the expression on her face say "Oh, it's you again.." with some polite distain. lol (this is not a criticism, just commenting on the character in the upscaled version)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Well, after some observation I must admit you are right, I have not noticed it as its quite a minor detail TO ME. I will try to improve it but its a delicate work, few adjustments and her current expression will be gone. Thanks for input!

Yes, her face speaks stories thats for sure, I will leave the meaning open for all kinds of interpretations ;)

EDIT:
Im at Mantellan Crux now... doing my stuff... endgame.. its symbolic as my re-texture work is SLOWLY nearing its end as well. What will I do afterwards? Too much time spend on this, its like a new hobby now and feels like I dont want it to end, well... time will tell. Notice the new 50% smaller Compass... this finally looks proper ingame IMO.

Pyramid
Mantellan Crux.jpg
Mantellan Crux.jpg (480.44 KiB) Viewed 2495 times

Lava
- remade the seriously epilepsy inducing walls but kept the lava between the rocks pulsating a bit. Changed the floor so its emissive and thus not too dark.
Mantella 2.jpg
Mantella 2.jpg (586.09 KiB) Viewed 2495 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Main quest - Shedungent interior - "..you hear skulls cracking beneath your boots" :twisted:
Spoiler!
Shedungent int.jpg
Shedungent int.jpg (473.83 KiB) Viewed 2435 times

AXO

Post by AXO »

wow
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (113.94 KiB) Viewed 2376 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I love these! The "blind god" screen reminds me I need to change base lighting for that block. With all that emissive lava it should be practically bathed in light.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks guys!

Ive took a look at my textures and only the bottom 356_1-0 texture is set as emissive, the sides and top are not. They are bright on their own - only the ground was very dark no matter how I set the texture brightness so I used that emission workaround. Maybe take a look at that block as you suggested Interkarma, it might behave a bit strange...

Today Ive finished the last of the main quest specific interiors/exteriors to make em stand out more... there are just a few generic dungeons left and than its basically all done... just a lots of fine-tuning and "minor details nobody will notice anyway" to do after that. I want to finish it this month, that create/publish a Unity 2018 DFMOD here on forums and leave for a holidays for a while ;)

This is Lysandus tomb now, Ive changed it to a underground cathedral of sorts... looks quite ok when you finally enter it...
Spoiler!
Lysand 1.jpg
Lysand 1.jpg (550.18 KiB) Viewed 2327 times