Ok where do I sell stolen stuff?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
ashilnayak2

Ok where do I sell stolen stuff?

Post by ashilnayak2 »

I mean I have to ask here, everything that comes up when I google this is related to ESO. I just got into daggerfall, I'm playing the unity version, stole a bunch of books and don't know where to sell them. I thought you could sell stolen loot to common merchants in this game, for some reason...

ACNAero

Re: Ok where do I sell stolen stuff?

Post by ACNAero »

You can sell to anyone who buys those kind of items. DF doesn’t have a “stolen” flag, once it’s in your inventory, it’s considered yours to do with whatever by the game.

Interkarma

Re: Ok where do I sell stolen stuff?

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :) You can sell books at General Stores, Book Stores (the kind that sell books, not libraries), and Pawn Shops (they'll also buy other random junk you have). It doesn't matter if something was stolen, there's no stolen flag as ACNAero says.

To sell a book, click on the Shopkeeper and select Sell service. Then click on "Clothing & Misc" tab, that's where books are held. Transfer any books you want to sell over to to the Shopkeeper then click Sell button.

Screenshot below of everything setup in a sell window and about to sell some books. This is in a Pawn Shop, but they could be sold elsewhere.
selling-books.jpg
selling-books.jpg (368.62 KiB) Viewed 1599 times

Just a quick note, if you're actually looking at a Holy Tome (see icon below) this is not a book and can only be sold at Pawn Shops as far as I can recall.
holy-tome.jpg
holy-tome.jpg (44.92 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
I hope that helps!