Click me

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
TiggerTriggers

Click me

Post by TiggerTriggers »

Hey. New to the whole modding scene, and actually new to daggerfall, although I'm a long time ES fan. I plan to get extremely involved, and am excited to dive into this whole heartedly. I am hoping to find other people interested in getting started, or helping me learn the ropes. To be cometely honest with you I'm still learning the ropes to daggerfall, much less Unity. But anyone who knows unity and is willing to help guide me on this journey, or wants to learn unity with me, please contact me. My preferred method would be Kik, which is Mr.shroomcloud, but if not contact me here (if that's possible), or at my gmail tiggertriggers@gmail.com.

Interkarma

Re: Click me

Post by Interkarma »

Hi TiggerTriggers, welcome to the forums. :)

If you're new to Unity in general, best place to start is with the Daggerfall Tools for Unity pre-built asset package along with Unity3D, and following the tutorials. Link below will get you to those things. I still need to fix bugs and update older tutorials for latest version of DFTFU, but they should still be informative.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dagg ... for-unity/

You don't need any programming experience to step through tutorials (although it helps). However, you will need moderate to high programming experience to create mods at this stage. It also helps to understand the inner workings of Daggerfall. The UESP's Daggerfall Hacking Guide is a wealth of excellent information. Lypyl has also prepared a nice intro on how to create and package a simple mod.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=277

The best I can recommend is start by playing with the library and create a few simple things of your own, then work up from there. Lypyl is one of our best contributors and he started from zero Unity experience - although he did have solid programming experience to transfer.

If you have any questions, either myself or someone else here would be happy to try and answer. Good luck!

Jay_H

Re: Click me

Post by Jay_H »

TiggerTriggers wrote:To be cometely honest with you I'm still learning the ropes to daggerfall, much less Unity.
If you don't have much experience playing Daggerfall itself, I made a short guide on the UESP about how to create your first character and survive, in case that helps.