I made a controller profile

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
xnay

Re: I made a controller profile

Post by xnay »

Thanks you Ralzar, for sharing your profile. I've beebn trying to figure out a good key mapping to use for my PS4 controller and I like your setup, but I'm a bit confused on a few of your keys. Hopefully, you can help me out. Is it possible you can identify each XBox button you have pictured with it's default Daggerfall keybaord key. It woould help me greatly.

The "use" button is setup twice on the controller as 'L2' and 'A', is that correct. Are there 2 different 'use' keys in the game? I apologize for not being more knowledgeable but I've only recently started playing Daggerfall.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I honestly can't remember anymore. It has been quite a while since I used this. But I seem to remember that setting left trigger to use worked for stuff like combat. But when you are in menus, using A for selecting and confirming choices.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Once that pull request for holding to attack (useful for right trigger) is in place, and once I get mapping the escape key done as a UI keybind, is there anything you'd need from KeySticks still?
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

jefetienne wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:30 pm Once that pull request for holding to attack (useful for right trigger) is in place, and once I get mapping the escape key done as a UI keybind, is there anything you'd need from KeySticks still?
Not really kept up with the development on controller mapping as I play with m+k. Can you now do button combinations like I have mapped? Because that's the big one. With the amount of keys Daggerfall has there is no way to fit them all on the controller unless you can hold one button to change the layout of the controller to a secondary mapping.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Ralzar wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:25 pm
jefetienne wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:30 pm Once that pull request for holding to attack (useful for right trigger) is in place, and once I get mapping the escape key done as a UI keybind, is there anything you'd need from KeySticks still?
Not really kept up with the development on controller mapping as I play with m+k. Can you now do button combinations like I have mapped? Because that's the big one. With the amount of keys Daggerfall has there is no way to fit them all on the controller unless you can hold one button to change the layout of the controller to a secondary mapping.
Yes, you can do button combinations for both controller bindings like LT + Y and for mouse and keyboard as well!
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

jefetienne wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:02 am
Ralzar wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:25 pm
Yes, you can do button combinations for both controller bindings like LT + Y and for mouse and keyboard as well!
Ah okay, then this is keysticks setup is no longer really needed for DFU :)

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Ralzar wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:16 am Ah okay, then this is keysticks setup is no longer really needed for DFU :)
Great to hear! :)
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

TalonTarp

Post by TalonTarp »

I Have also made a layout. It uses joytokey and was tested with an xbox controller. This one is laid out to make use of the hotkey bar mod and has easy access to yes/no prompts, different tabs in the menu, player modes, quicksave/load, and a few other shortcuts. Detailed install instructions and some notes included in the read me file :D

If anyone comes up with improvements or runs into any issues please let me know!

Edit - Updated the controller layout alot. further updates can be found on my Nexus upload of this https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/393
Attachments
DaggerFall Controller J2K.7z
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Last edited by TalonTarp on Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.