Sqrt(2) problem?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
jimfcarroll

Sqrt(2) problem?

Post by jimfcarroll »

Struggling to get through some water section, I noticed that the movement forward and the strafe movement, when done simultaneously, is combined. This leads to a faster movement speed than you could get otherwise, at least in water. I'm assuming this is the vector combination of the two movements. I don't know if the original daggerfall did this (I suppose it probably did) but I just thought I'd point out.

jimfcarroll

Re: Sqrt(2) problem?

Post by jimfcarroll »

I think I should have posted this (and the other one) in Help and Support. I don't want to cross post and can't seem to delete this one so if someone wants me to post it over there, please let me know.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I've also noticed this effect in water but I quite like it so didn't give it a moments thought. Do you consider it an issue?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:44 am I've also noticed this effect in water but I quite like it so didn't give it a moments thought. Do you consider it an issue?
It depends I guess. It certainly helped me when I discovered it. :-) I guess if it's the way the original behaved, then it's technically correct. If not I thought it might be considered a bug. That's why I posted it without qualifiers. More of an FYI in case it wasn't considered and the team thought it should be.