QOL suggestion Oil refill one-click

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ralzar

QOL suggestion Oil refill one-click

Post by Ralzar »

Just a really small detail I suddenly thought of: When refilling your lantern with oil, you have to click over and over to fill it up.

Why not just have one use of the oil consume as many oil flasks as it takes to fully refill the lantern? It's not like anyone wants to just fill the lantern half way, leaving oil lamps in the inventory causing encumbrance.
(speaking of encumbrance, change lantern weight based on how full it is?)

pango

Re: QOL suggestion Oil refill one-click

Post by pango »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:02 am It's not like anyone wants to just fill the lantern half way, leaving oil lamps in the inventory causing encumbrance.
Depends, if you don't have much oil, it can give you a better sense of how fast you're using it.
And if you tend to forget to douse your lantern when you no longer need it, only filling it in half limits the waste.
Ralzar wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:02 am (speaking of encumbrance, change lantern weight based on how full it is?)
No, I don't think it's implemented. How much your lantern is filled depends on its wear, which does not affect weight.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hazelnut

Re: QOL suggestion Oil refill one-click

Post by Hazelnut »

It's a simple extension to base DF mechanics using some previously useless items that the game has. It's light touch code wise which is why it works as it does.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods