Video Thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Teralitha

Re: Video Thread

Post by Teralitha »

pango wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:08 pm I'm very excited that Lillia Lil is starting Daggerfall Unity streams!
She a very cool gal that knows quite a lot about classic Daggerfall (having been to the school of Grimith no less lol), so I'm expecting interesting and enjoyable gameplay...

Nothing too exciting in that first video though, it's basically a test with a run of the mill archer class, but I'll keep an eye on that series :)

Watching this video has revealed that the in game tutorial has incorrect button assignments. That will need fixing in case you guys arent aware of it already. Most people probably skip the tutorial and would never see the errors.

pango

Post by pango »

Ideally there should be new macros for key shortcuts, so the tutorial can match current assignments
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Macros would be ideal for expanding correct keybinds in text. Shouldn't be hard to implement.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:01 pm Macros would be ideal for expanding correct keybinds in text. Shouldn't be hard to implement.
While your attention is focused on this it should be pointed out that there need to be more trigger events added to make the tutorial actually work. Among these would be location triggers (at X point, within Y distance of X point), Object triggers (door opened, item clicked on, within Y distance of object), encounter triggers (monster seen, monster hit, monster sees you, etc.). Action triggers, (virtually any action the PC can take including swinging weapon in specific ways). This would allow for an expanded tutorial to wait for an action and then respond.

Imagine the tutorial walking you through each step of the fast travel system. It would need to interrupt each step with a popup telling you what to do next. Not that I'm saying that should be done but it would be nice.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

pango

Post by pango »

Lilia Lil testing different settings... I didn't expect that, but found it to be very informative, if you just started to play Daggerfall Unity it gives you a quick tour of gameplay and graphic options.
Personally I don't remember trying some of the info mode styles, so I learned something!

She said she'll do a video about mods, again something that will probably be very useful for new players.
-- Charles Goodhart

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

pango wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:56 pm Lilia Lil testing different settings... I didn't expect that, but found it to be very informative, if you just started to play Daggerfall Unity it gives you a quick tour of gameplay and graphic options.
Personally I don't remember trying some of the info mode styles, so I learned something!

She said she'll do a video about mods, again something that will probably be very useful for new players.
I watched that video this morning. I am just starting to really play DFU and I found it informative to watch how she plays, since she played classic. Certain aspects of dungeon crawling are not intuitive to me, a newbie to older first-person CRPGs.
I really encourage people to suggest their favorite mods. I think DREAM and all the recommended mods in that list are a no-brainer, at least to try out and see what is possible. Lilia does a great job and showing just how easy it is would be great for viewers and could help people get up-and-running and checking the forums.

EDIT: Whoops, I actually watched yesterday's upload. She is really cranking them out!

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

I don't want to steal any thunder but I had this pop up in my Youtube notifications

Vondur

Post by Vondur »

Adventure Art: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFHRO ... VAelOQrl3Q

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, DARK KNIGHT (No magicka): https://youtu.be/CO_WHL1cjNU

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, MAD GENIUS: https://youtu.be/gPL9xKpvet0

pango

Post by pango »

Azteca wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:03 pm I really encourage people to suggest their favorite mods.
Well, Vondur just above posted his own video on the topic:
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Of course there will be as many opinions on mods as there are players, but AlexanderSig's models mod really is an essential companion to DREAM (only the latter was featured in the above video). Still, I'm glad to see Vondur's (and others') recent videos raise a little more awareness about DFU and its modding possibilities.