* Weapon and armour materials come in ladders. Leather is at the bottom; daedric is at the top. Immunity to Iron confers immunity to any lesser material. Since only leather is less than iron, and there are no leather weapons... Hand-to-hand (or claw-, fang-, tooth-, etc) damage is outside this system; nothing, not even daedra lords, are immune to hand-to-hand. As far as I know, all Elder Scrolls games follow that rule. This is probably because
everyone is sort-of descended from deity in some odd way.
* You are immune to disease at level 1.
* Dungeons can have disconnected pieces that monsters can spawn into. This is kind of annoying.
Re: Video Thread
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:26 am
by Narf the Mouse
* As noted, diseases can take a while to show up on your health check.
* Selling things one-by-one increases your Mercantile more than selling multiple.
* Click on doors using info mode (F3) to get the quality of the store. Lower-quality stores buy for more, and sell for less, but don't have as good stuff.
* For that matter, modes. F1: Stealth/steal/buy (nothing to do with crouching). F2: Rest? I don't know that I've ever used this. F3: Info. F4: Dialogue.
Edit: Oh, right, as seen, F2 is Grab. I've never found any use for this, and I recall NPCs being noticeably ruder.
Edit2: Spell costs are scheduled for implementation after all spell effects are in, to allow for testing. My work-around is to edit my gold lower by the equivalent amount, and then reload that save.
Edit3: Daggerfall is sadly limited on the subject of pants.
Re: Video Thread
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:34 pm
Posting reply to let you know I am reading these and I do appreciate the tips!