Dungeon puzzle that I never manage to solve

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ralzar

Dungeon puzzle that I never manage to solve

Post by Ralzar »

So there's little left for me to beat in Daggerfall except challanges I create myself through character builds and mods. However, there is one dungeon puzzle that I have never been able to solve. Not any of the main quest dungeons, but a completely standard dungeon puzzle.

The pyramid room, but not just any version. I usually solve this room with no problem. This is the specific version where there is no wheel in the corridors above and the doors are all magically locked.

I just ran into this again and I figured I'd check if any of you other veterans might have a solution to this?

It's the room you start in if you go to Menevia and enter Ruins of Wickcroft Palace.

pango

Re: Dungeon puzzle that I never manage to solve

Post by pango »

I may have seen it in a stream.... The chain gives both levitation, and unlocks the magically locked doors
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

pango wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:58 am I may have seen it in a stream.... The chain gives both levitation, and unlocks the magically locked doors
Oh my! That was it! :D

Since the chain still gave levitation I did not know it could have a second trigger effect at the same time. But I see now it opened one of the doors in the pyramid. I was saving that chain levitation in case I needed it later.

Baler

Post by Baler »

for future reference,.. how many things can be tied to an activation by default and custom?