Does Agility Actually Increase Your Defenses?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Teralitha

Does Agility Actually Increase Your Defenses?

Post by Teralitha »

The UESP isnt quite clear on this. The in game descriptions says it does, but the UESP only mentions the formula for chance to hit.

Interkarma

Re: Does Agility Actually Increase Your Defenses?

Post by Interkarma »

Agility is factored in as a modifier when calculating chance to hit. The modifier to hit is equal to difference between attacker and target divided by 10. Here's the code.

Code: Select all

// Apply agility modifier.
chanceToHitMod += (attacker.Stats.LiveAgility - target.Stats.LiveAgility) / 10;
So from the player's perspective, a high AGI will lower the chance a monster will hit you, effectively increasing your defense.

Luck is also factored in much the same way. So a player with a high AGI and LCK will avoid hits more than one with a high AGI alone.

Code: Select all

// Apply luck modifier.
chanceToHitMod += (attacker.Stats.LiveLuck - target.Stats.LiveLuck) / 10;
Conversely, a low AGI and LCK will make the player more prone to hits by virtue of being a clumsy, luckless oaf. :)

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Ah good to know. I think I will update the UESP with more clear info on this. Gonna plaguerize you a bit ;)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Something I find really satisfying about this is that is works based on the difference between target and attacker. A theoretical monster with perfect AGI and LCK will turn the tables even on a fairly dashing swashbuckler of a player. It just has a nice RPG feel to it. :)

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:28 am Something I find really satisfying about this is that is works based on the difference between target and attacker. A theoretical monster with perfect AGI and LCK will turn the tables even on a fairly dashing swashbuckler of a player. It just has a nice RPG feel to it. :)
Now that I know this, I feel much more confident in playing a naked monk character with high AGI and LCK. Although, it doesnt seem quite fair that someone wearing heavy armor can still get the full benefits of that (including dodge skill) with no penalty for being encumbered...