I will take this opportunity to include a few other changes that have been pending for a while:
- Switch to linear lighting space.
- Fix specular issues on classic materials to remove "washed out" or "glossy plastic" look in unmodded game. This will better reproduce classic palette at all times, particularly with retro mode palettization.
- Lighting review to retune default lighting for linear, including places where lighting is overbright (e.g. snow in summer at midday).
- Implement "ambient only" option for interiors so low-end computers can improve rendering interior speed.
- Bump Daggerfall Unity version to 0.12.x.
This is likely to be the final engine point update before Daggerfall Unity 1.0 (due later in 2021). Modders should start preparing to be aligned with 0.12.x as it will be most representative of the 1.0 version of core. I will keep 0.12.x in pre-release for approximately two months before promoting to main main stable branch. This gives core developers plenty of time to fix issues relating to update, and modders lead time to start preparing new releases.
I've also started working through bug queues here on forums and GitHub. I plan to solve at least 90% or more of these before DFU is promoted to 1.0. Bug fix and refinement will continue into 1.0 and beyond.