Unity 2019.4.28f1 Point Upgrade + Linear Lighting & Lighting Review

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Re: Unity 2019.4.28f1 Point Upgrade + Linear Lighting & Lighting Review

Post by Interkarma »

Check your prefab reference fields. You might need to reimport or recreate prefab from 0.12.x due to below prefab issue.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues ... 1617873344

I used the workaround mentioned by GCCOOPER in comments on core after updating project, and it worked out alright.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

So I right clicked on the prefab and selected the update menu option as advised and the exception doesn't occur any more. However the prefab file is unchanged so there's nothing to check into git for the person who does all the images etc (I just do the code) so this will need to be done by them as well I suppose. This hidden data in unity is definitely one of it's gotcha areas. Anyway thanks for the help. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

TheLacus wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:30 pm Sure, send me a pm if i can help in any way.
Hey TheLacus! If you don't mind, I'll leave out integrating these from core for a bit. I'm already a bit overwhelmed just with lighting review and updating postprocessing stack. :)

I also think there's some benefit to keeping things consistent in current mod, and not needing to find free space on the settings menus for FXAA, SSR, AO and their settings.

Happy to revisit once changes merged to master and 0.13 in preview. We can look at moving those items back into core once all the other changes have settled a bit.