Original player death sound?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
logichan

Original player death sound?

Post by logichan »

Is there any way to get back the "nyuck!" death sound from original Daggerfall? I couldn't find any option to that effect.

Interkarma

Re: Original player death sound?

Post by Interkarma »

Hey logichan, welcome to the forums! :)

DFU plays specific race and gender death sounds from gamedata that go unused in classic. Classic only used one of these sounds from the male Wood Elf set. When implementing this, Allofich considered it a bug fix as classic would always play this same Wood Elf male sound regardless of race and gender. You can read his full comments in PR #652 where this was implemented.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfall-unity/pull/652

Allofich does mention this could be made a setting based on demand, but he considered it a bug in classic and did not implement a setting for this in PR. This happened over three years ago, and you're the first person I'm aware of to ever notice it or bring it up. If we did make a setting for this, I'd only add to settings.ini without a GUI counterpart to avoid further options clutter.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ive created a quick mod for you logichan.
Unrar the file. Place the folder "sound" in the

.....\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets

That should overwrite all the death sounds with yuck :D

I personally would not implement this in the game in any form. Its just strange when your female char does the male "yuck" and it really is a bug...

PS: I hope the folder for injecting the loose sounds is indeed "sound" ... pls let me know if it worked for you logichan, or please IK let me know if that folder is not correct name.
Attachments
Sound.rar
(194.92 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Nice one KoW!

Edit: Yeah, StreamingAssets/Sound is the correct folder for effects. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll take a look.

logichan

Post by logichan »

Thanks for the help! I actually did not know this was a bug in the original Daggerfall, I assumed the "new" death sounds came from some other source. It definitely makes sense to me why it isn't an option.

Thanks King of Worms for the mod! You didn't have to but I will definitely be using it. :lol:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

:) you are welcomed