I'm making a big push towards a new stable build with very basic quest support. Just to set expectations around this, here is where I see quests in next stable build. Please remember, Daggerfall Unity is pre-alpha which means still firmly in hardmode tester territory.
- Quests can be started individually from console command. They will not be delivered as part of normal gameplay yet. It is intended for testers to be able to test quests in isolation at first, then together at a later date to test interactions between quest scripts.
- Not all quest resources and actions will be supported right away. I'll add a new page similar to the roadmap to list quest support in terms of complete, in progress, and not implemented. Testers should focus on complete and in-progress quest components to find bugs and tease out bad behaviour. The name of the game is iterative development.
- Quests will not be serialised right away. They need to be started manually as part of each testing session.
- The quest inspector (to be available by time stable build available) will allow you to manually trigger conditions, expire timers, change global variables, etc. to follow quest actions.
- Quest support will be built out incrementally by multiple contributors until they can be offered as part of normal gameplay.
Modders, please check your mods work with current code. All older test builds will be removed once new stable build available. I'm also adding mod download links to Live Builds page for end users and testers to find these in one place for now.