Movement Like Daggerfall Unity?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Max

Movement Like Daggerfall Unity?

Post by Max »

Long story short, I really wanna get into Daggerfall. My only experience with it is playing a tiny bit of the raw original version and playing through the starting dungeon twice in this program.

I came to this program in the first place because of how the game movement was handled, as if it were any other modern day first person RPG, as opposed to the old school dungeon crawler style of the original Daggerfall

Is there any way to get that free world mouse movement like how this program gives or am I completely screwed?
All I wanna do is go through dungeons, sell the loot, upgrade equipment, repeat.

Jay_H

Re: Movement Like Daggerfall Unity?

Post by Jay_H »

Do you mean using the mouse to move your perspective in DOS Daggerfall? There are two ways to do this.

1. Press the "Enter" key during gameplay. The cursor will disappear, and the mouse will instead direct your vision.

2. Press "Escape" to enter the menu, then enter Controls, and then Mouse on the bottom. Then change from "Cursor" to "View," the two boxes on the top of the screen.

You'll likely also want to change your movement keys to WASD, which can be done in the Controls section, as well as implement an auto-run system by changing the Run key to Caps Lock or Insert. Changing Jump and some other keys could also be a good idea if you prefer to.

And welcome to the forums! :)

Max

Post by Max »

Jay_H wrote:Do you mean using the mouse to move your perspective in DOS Daggerfall? There are two ways to do this.

1. Press the "Enter" key during gameplay. The cursor will disappear, and the mouse will instead direct your vision.

2. Press "Escape" to enter the menu, then enter Controls, and then Mouse on the bottom. Then change from "Cursor" to "View," the two boxes on the top of the screen.

You'll likely also want to change your movement keys to WASD, which can be done in the Controls section, as well as implement an auto-run system by changing the Run key to Caps Lock or Insert. Changing Jump and some other keys could also be a good idea if you prefer to.

And welcome to the forums! :)
Thanks, i'll go try that out. I have a feeling it's just not going to have as good of a feel as this though, i'm not too sure how to explain it.

Thanks again!

Edit: Well, it's not as bad as I thought! This isn't so bad. You more or less did exactly what I wanted, thanks a bunch

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

You're welcome! :)