Daggerfall high resolution world map

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
dani26795

Daggerfall high resolution world map

Post by dani26795 »

I decided to delve into a little past-time and spent the last 3 days making this map from assembling 83 screencaps of in-detail sections of the in-game world map. I had to draw by myself the south area of Betony on the normal scale map, since it can't be seen from any other region. It has all locations in it, plus roads and dirt tracks that come from the Basic Roads mod.
After assembling the map together, I decided to give it some more fluff by adding a few border projections, a legend of the different location types and some scales. The final dimmensions of the map are 7676x3838 pixels.
I'm fairly happy with the final result, hope you like it and find it of use.
Spoiler!

Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall high resolution world map

Post by Interkarma »

Wow! Had to open this in a new tab to really appreciate it. The forums don't do it justice. Incredible work!

I love the roads are included in this map. Crazy to think this was something people wanted a few years back, and here it is looking so good in map form.

dani26795

Post by dani26795 »

Interkarma wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:14 am Wow! Had to open this in a new tab to really appreciate it. The forums don't do it justice. Incredible work!

I love the roads are included in this map. Crazy to think this was something people wanted a few years back, and here it is looking so good in map form.
Yeah, when I was looking at the map the other day and moving around in zoomed-in mode, I realized that all the region maps could be put together and form a huge map of the game with all locations and roads being detailed in it, so I got right into it after I took enough screencaps. Adding the legend and scales came later, as I felt it could be made to look more authentic. It's also interesting to see all the topography color gradients from a whole map view, even if it's technically relative to each region separately (reason why Ephesus sticks out so much in the middle of the Dragontail Mountains).

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

Very cool! Thanks for putting in the work. This should be a great resource. I'd see if UESP might be interested in adding it to this page: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Maps

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Nice work indeed. Looking at it now it was a little insane to draw each map pixel of road... :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Redgrave

Post by Redgrave »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:34 pm Nice work indeed. Looking at it now it was a little insane to draw each map pixel of road... :D
Insanity? Or insane PASSION. ;)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Haha, mainly I felt it would be quicker than trying to do it algorithmically - and I still think it probably was, because it would have needed tweaking manually anyway. Thankfully a few people helped out, but I think it was probably around 40-50 hours of work for me just using the editor I wrote.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

awesome!

i think the Towns and Homes colors need to be more distinguishable from each other though.

amazing work