Main Quest Progress

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
bob_e_s@yahoo.co.uk

Main Quest Progress

Post by bob_e_s@yahoo.co.uk »

Apologies if this has been discussed before (I searched the forums and couldn't find anything relevant) -

Is there a way of checking which of the main quests you have completed in game?

I've totally lost track of which ones I've done, and it's making it impossible to progress.

As an aside, and actually also might be the main problem, I can't start Medora's Freedom which I think is the next one.

I'm certain I've done the Missing Prince, but when I went to Medora's tower, on the first visit she said my reputation wasn't high enough (I can't remember her exact words), and now if I go there she wont talk to me at all.#

Soo...all a bit stuck.

Any help gratefully receieved.

Macadaynu

Re: Main Quest Progress

Post by Macadaynu »

If you are in fact meant to be doing Medora's Freedom, you need to be at least level 8 and have no negative rep with Medora according to https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Medora%27s_Freedom.

You can use the Quest debugger if you're still unsure of which quests are running, follow the guide posted here: viewtopic.php?p=5252#p5252

I have been working on a mod to resolve this very issue here: viewtopic.php?p=57526#p57526. That can't be released until one of my changes has been approved into the main DFU codebase though, I don't know when that will be.

bob_e_s@yahoo.co.uk

Post by bob_e_s@yahoo.co.uk »

Thanks.

I'm level 15 or 16 and I can't think why I'd have poor reputation with Medora. That could be a tricky fix if it is the problem!

Otherwise I'll try that quest debugger.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

"but when I went to Medora's tower, on the first visit she said my reputation wasn't high enough"

She pretty much spelled it out for you :D

I seem to remember reading about this possibly happenign if you do some other mid/late part of the Main Quest which boosts your rep with someone she hates, so her rep goes down. The Daggerfall reputation system is vast an impenetrable so it is hard to say how you got bad rep with her but it might as well have been something you chose in character creation.

Easiest cheaty fix is to just open your save, find the text file with reputation data and edit her repuation.
The ingame fix? No real idea. Maybe it reverts to neutral after long enough? Not sure if that function runs for all reputations or just the bigger ones.
Last edited by Ralzar on Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

You could also try a console command if you prefer. If Medora is the last NPC clicked, open the console window by pressing ` and then enter:

modnpcrep reputationAmount

where the reputation amount is a number of how much you want to increase your rep by eg. modnpcrep 10