So lock picking is terrible

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Seferoth

Re: So lock picking is terrible

Post by Seferoth »

I think it simply should be Lockpicking Skill=Equals Lockpicking chance. Same for Pickpocket. So if your Lockpicking Skill is 95 then your Lockpicking chance would be 95.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

it certainly needs to be adjusted, pickpocketing too. A sleight of hand mod could tackle both, but skulduggery is meant to cover all this.

If i think of what could be done to make lockpicking worthwhile, maybe a 'lock' could include the clasps on armour and sheathes, allowing you to disarm unaware enemies. (although pickpocket plays a role in that, so...)

pickpocket could be a way to allow players to poison unaware enemies or take items from them. (loot the spellbook of mages?)

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

You know what's really stupid is that my barbarian can just bash his way in 3 to 5 hits into a store to loot it in the middle of the night whereas lock picking almost never works.
I appreciate the dedication to source material but when the source is messed up what do you do?
I guess we just wait for a mod to come out. Skullduggery is ok, but pickpocketing still sucks and you still only have one try on a lock.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

maybe bashing could alert guards/enemies no matter what, lockpick would be almost silent.

It would be cool to be able to close every door and lock it. So in a dungeon you can run away from a monster and lock doors behind you, just by closing them. a monster could bash it but a magical lock cant be.

yes there needs to be the ability to attempt more than once.