Unity Asset Store

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ernisius

Unity Asset Store

Post by Ernisius »

These tools are an excellent resource for Daggerfall, And could be the basis for fan made Daggerfall type games or a complete remake.

Although I have been a daggerfall fan since it was released, I have only just discovered this resource by accident when looking at at DaggerXL forum.

Would these tools get more exposure if they were uploaded to the Unity Asset store.?

Interkarma

Re: Unity Asset Store

Post by Interkarma »

My instinct is to avoid the Unity Asset Store. Even if DFTFU is approved, and even if it's released for free, I think it sends the wrong message. Just being on a store front will look like a toe-hold into for-profit territory.

I'm very careful not to generate one cent from this hobby. I don't ask for help with hosting, I don't use ads on my YouTube channel, I don't use Patreon, and I don't have a donate button. I pay all the bills out of my own pocket and release everything under a free license. That way there can be no confusion that I'm just a fan doing fan stuff.

Besides, I'm very confident that anyone interested in building from Daggerfall will find Daggerfall Workshop and DFTFU. :)